Happy Second Anniversary! (And introducing a new feature…)
Well, we’ve been doing this for two years, and I’ve got to say… this comic takes as much effort as it looks!
Still, if there’s one thing I pride myself on, it’s being an innovator, and you can definitely see it in the comics, if not everything else I’ve done — from Last Resort jewelry made out of Shrinky Dinks to little virtual window-sitting animated mascots, there’s plenty of stuff that never reaches the public eye because I don’t know what to do with it, or how to get enough people like you interested in it.
Introducing LastRes0rtr, the first (and as far as I know, only) Twitter Combat Game!
It’s not quite ready for release yet (I still need to find some willing participants), but this is exactly what it sounds like: Finally, you can take on your friends and other twitter users for fame, fortune… and a little risk on the side, just like your favorite players from the comic! In the meantime, while we’re still gearing up the LastRes0rtr account, check out the FAQ:
Okay… WHAT is LastRes0rtr?
LastRes0rtr is the newest Twitter Combat Game, based on the webcomic Last Res0rt. You can challenge your friends on Twitter, fight each other by using the exact same sorts of Tweets you would post any other day of the week. At the end of day though, someone has to lose… and their account will pay the price!
… You’re making an application that could kill my Twitter account?!
No. I’m making an application that, if you lose, will allow the winner to do all sorts of… interesting things to your account. Here’s a short list of some of the possible consequences:
- You could have your account muted for at least 24 hours.
- You could randomly have one or more of your account’s friends removed (and good luck figuring out which one!)
- The winner could post one or more humiliating tweets from your account, making it look like you said something REALLY offensive, stupid, or both!
Note the language there. The worse you lose, the more the winner can do to wreak havoc with your account!
Why would I play a game with such ridiculously awful consequences?
Winners get promoted within the LastRes0rtr system, allowing veteran players to rack up special Twamunition to keep them ahead of the game; the top players will be advertised and recommended to new players, helping you rack up followers and influence.
Oh, and that’s on top of the benefits of being able to mess with other people’s twitter accounts every time you win.
How does this work? Won’t this interfere with my normal Tweeting?
You can keep on tweeting as normal while you play LastRes0rtr. Here’s how it works:
- You and a friend sign up to play a match on LastRes0rtr for the following day, and entrust the service (briefly!) with your account information, and confirm that you do, in fact, want to play against this person.
- For the next 24 hours after confirmation, combat begins! LastRes0rtr counts lots of different things, including tweet velocity (